Why Develop an Apprenticeship Scheme?
- An apprenticeship programme combines on-the-job training and assessment with nationally recognised qualifications.
- Apprentices can be existing employees as well as new hires.
- Programmes are available from Level 2 (intermediate) to Level 7 (post-graduate).
- Provides a cost-effective opportunity to develop your own talent pipeline and upskill existing employees – including experienced staff in advanced and degree-level apprenticeships.
- Apprenticeships are available in over 1500 job roles, covering 170 industries.
- 9 out of 10 apprentice employers report that apprenticeships deliver the required business benefits.
The Apprenticeship Levy
Businesses with over £3m in salary expenditure are subject to a 0.5% levy.
This is placed in a digital account, to fund apprenticeship training for new recruits and existing employees – and the government will add a further 10%.
Businesses with salary expenditure of less than £3m can still receive up to 90% government funding for training.