Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor
Team Leader / Supervisor
Specialising in the provision of business, administration and management training solutions, Reflect Learning offers the Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor Apprenticeship standard.
1. Leading People
- Understand different leadership styles and the benefits of coaching to support people development. Understand organisational cultures, equality and diversity. (K)
- Able to communicate organisation strategy and team purpose, and adapt style to suit the audience. Supports people development through coaching, role modelling values and behaviours, and managing change effectively. (S)
2. Managing People
- Understand people and team management models, including team dynamics and motivation techniques. (K)
- Able to build a high-performing team by supporting and developing individuals, and motivating them to achieve. (S)
3. Building Relationships
- Understand approaches to relationship management, including emotional intelligence and managing conflict. (K)
- Building trust with and across the team, using effective negotiation and influencing skills, and managing any conflicts. (S)
- Understand different forms of communication and their application. (K)
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal, written, digital). (S)
5. Operational Management
- Understand how organisational strategy is developed. (K)
- Able to communicate organisational strategy and deliver against operational plans. (S)
6. Project Management
- Understand the project lifecycle and roles. Know how to deliver a project. (K)
- Able to organise, manage resources and risk, and monitor progress to deliver against the project plan. (S)
- Understand organisational governance and compliance, and how to deliver Value for Money. (K)
- Applying organisational governance and compliance requirements to ensure effective budget controls. (S)
8. Self Awareness
- Understand learning styles, feedback mechanisms and how to use emotional intelligence. (K)
- Able to reflect on own performance, seek feedback, understand why things happen. (S)
- Understand time management techniques and tools. (K)
- Able to create an effective personal development plan (S)
10. Decision Making
- Understand problem solving and decision-making techniques. (K)
- Use of effective problem-solving techniques to make decisions relating to delivery using information from the team and others. (S)
11. Takes Responsibility
- Drive to achieve in all aspects of work. Demonstrates resilience and accountability. Determination when managing difficult situation. (B)
12. Inclusive and Agile
- Open, approachable, authentic, and able to build trust with others. (B)
- Is creative and innovative when seeking solutions to business needs. (B)
- Sets an example, and is fair, consistent and impartial. (B)
The entire programme can be delivered entirely at the employer’s premises. Our approach offers complete flexibility for apprentices to access our support at any time which suits their particular needs and those of their employer. We utilise a blended delivery model comprising group workshops, one-to-one coaching and mentoring and online teaching resources which are provided through our e-portfolio and virtual learning environment platforms.
This apprenticeship will typically take between 12 - 18 months.
Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
On completion, apprentices may register as Associate members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, to support their professional career development and progression.
Key Responsibilities of suitable applicants
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads resources, delivering plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
Confirmed Funding Cap (as of Sept 17)
£5,000 (Band 7).
We focus on developing the Knowledge (K), Skills (S) and Behaviours (B) of your workforce.