Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager
Operations / Departmental Manager
Specialising in the provision of business, administration and management training solutions, Reflect Learning offers the Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager Apprenticeship standard.
1. Operational Management
- Understand operational management models, including creating plans and setting KPIs. (K)
- Input into strategic planning and create plans in line with organisational objectives. (S)
2. Project Management
- Know how to set up and manage a project; process management and risk management. (K)
- Plan, organise and manage resources to deliver required outcomes. (S)
- Understand business finance; how to manage budgets; financial forecasting. (K)
- Able to monitor budgets and provide reports, and consider financial impact. (S)
4. Leading People
- Understand different leadership styles, how to lead multiple/remote teams and manage team leaders. (K)
- Able to communicate organisational vision and goals and how these to apply. Support development through coaching and mentoring, and enable and support high performance working. (S)
5. Managing People
- Know how to develop high performing teams. Understand performance management techniques and talent management models. (K)
- Able to manage talent and performance. Develop, build and motivate teams by identifying their strengths and enabling development within the workplace. (S)
6. Building Relationships
- Understand approaches to relationship management including negotiation, influencing, and effective networking. (K)
- Able to build trust, & use effective negotiation and influencing skills and manage conflict. (S)
- Understand interpersonal skills and techniques (verbal, written, non-verbal, digital). (K)
- Able to chair meetings and present using a range of media. Use of active listening, and able to challenge and give constructive feedback. (S)
8. Self Awareness
- Understand own impact and emotional intelligence, and different learning and behaviour styles. (K)
- Able to reflect on own performance, working style and impact on others. (S)
- Understand time management techniques and tools. (K)
- Able to create a personal development plan. (S)
10. Decision Making
- Understand problem solving and decision-making techniques, including data analysis. (K)
- Able to undertake critical analysis and evaluation to support decision making. (S)
11. Takes Responsibility
- Demonstrates resilience and accountability. (B)
12. Inclusive and Agile
- Open, approachable, authentic, and able to build trust with others. (B)
- Is creative and innovative when seeking solutions to business needs. (B)
- Sets an example, and is fair, consistent and impartial. Open and honest. Operates within organisational values. (B)
The entire programme can be delivered entirely at the employer’s premises. Our approach offers complete flexibility for apprentices to access our support at any time which suits their particular needs and those of their employer. We utilise a blended delivery model comprising group workshops, one-to-one coaching and mentoring and online teaching resources which are provided through our e-portfolio and virtual learning environment platforms.
This apprenticeship will typically take up to 30 months.
Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
On completion, apprentices can register as full members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, and those with 3 years’ of management experience can apply for Chartered Manager status through the CMI.
Key Responsibilities of suitable applicants
Key responsibilities may include creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading and managing teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring.
Confirmed Funding Cap (as of Sept 17)
£9,000 (Band 9).
We focus on developing the Knowledge (K), Skills (S) and Behaviours (B) of your workforce.