Level 2 Improving Operational Performance
Improving Operational Performance
Specialising in the provision of business, administration and management training solutions, Reflect Learning offer the Level 2 Improving Operational Performance Apprenticeship: Business Improvement Techniques Pathway.
1. 5S Workplace Organisation
- Auditing the work area
- Making work easier by eliminating obstacles and unnecessary items
- Arranging all necessary items so that they can be easily selected for use
- Making work flow smoothly and easily
- Standardising the best practices in the work area
2. Effective Team Working and Communication
- The characteristics of a high performing team
- Team roles and responsibilities
- Forming and maintaining effective working relationship
- Resolving disagreements and difficulties in working relationships
- Communicating information and data effectively
3. Problem Solving Techniques
- Using the fishbone diagram to establish root cause
- 5 whys
4. Continuous Improvement (Philosophy and Practice)
- The Deming Cycle
- Selecting appropriate key performance indicators
- The 3 divisions of work
- The 8 wastes
5. Organisational Productivity Needs Analysis
- Balancing workflow and customer requirements
- Identifying and eliminating bottlenecks
- Using stacked bar charts
6. Data Collection & Analysis
- Bar charts
- Pareto analysis
- Scatter Charts
- Process Mapping
7. Visual Management & Control Systems
- Selecting appropriate data to display
- Colour coding
- Creating departmental performance boards
The entire programme can be delivered entirely at the employer’s premises. Our approach offers complete flexibility for apprentices to access our support at any time which suits their particular needs and those of their employer. We utilise a blended delivery model comprising group workshops, one-to-one coaching and mentoring and online teaching resources which are provided through our e-portfolio and virtual learning environment platforms.
The apprenticeship will typically take 12 months to complete.
Where an apprentice has not already achieved Level 1 English and Maths, they must do so before completing the apprenticeship.
Achievement of this apprenticeship is ideal preparation for individuals looking to progress on to leading an improvement project team.
Key Responsibilities of suitable applicants
Applicants for the Business Improvement Techniques pathway will hold a diverse range of job titles. Typically, their role will require them to ensure that business processes are planned and executed as efficiently as possible, identifying and, minimising waste whilst ensuring the highest quality of services and/or products.
Confirmed Funding Cap (as of Sept 17)