Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
Customer Service Practitioner
Specialising in the provision of business, administration and management training solutions, Reflect Learning offer the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship standard.
1. Knowing your Customers (K)
- Understand who customers are and the difference between internal and external customers.
2. Understanding the Organisation (K)
- Know the purpose of the business and what ‘brand promise’ means.
- Know your organisation’s core values and how they link to the service culture.
3. Meeting regulations and legislation (K)
- Know the appropriate legislation and regulatory requirements and how to apply when delivering service.
4. Systems and Resources (K)
- Know how to use systems and technology to meet the needs of your customers.
- Understand types of customer service measurement tools.
5. Your Role and Responsibility (K)
- Understand your role and responsibility and the impact of your actions on others.
- Know the targets and goals you need to deliver against.
6. Product Knowledge (K)
- Understand the products and services available from your organisation.
7. Customer Experience (K)
- Understand how to build trust and establishing the facts enables you to create a customer focused experience.
8. Interpersonal Skills (S)
- Use a range of questioning skills, including listening to bu ild rap port and achieve positive engagement and delivery.
9. Communication Skills (S)
- Use appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
10. Influencing Skills (S)
- Provide clear explanations and options to help customers make mutually beneficial choices.
11. Personal Organisation (S)
- Organise yourself, prioritise your own workload and work to meet deadlines.
12. Dealing with Conflict (S)
- Demonstrate patience and understanding.
- Use appropriate sign-posting to meet your customer’s needs. Maintain informative communication during service recovery.
13. Developing Yourself (B)
- Consider personal goals and propose development that would help achieve them.
14. Open to Feedback (B)
- Act on and seek feedback from others to develop or maintain personal service skills and knowledge.
15. Teamworking (B)
- Work with others in the interest of helping customers efficiently.
16. Equality (B)
- Treat customers as individuals. Uphold the organisations core values and service culture through your actions.
17. Presentation (B)
- Demonstrate personal pride in the job through appropriate dress and positive and confident language.
18. Right the First Time (B)
- Use communication behaviours to establish what each customer requires and manage their expectations.
- Take ownership from the first contact and then take responsibility for fulfilling your promise.
The entire programme can be delivered entirely at the employer’s premises. Our approach offers complete flexibility for apprentices to access our support at any time which suits their particular needs and those of their employer. We utilise a blended delivery model comprising group workshops, one-to-one coaching and mentoring and online teaching resources which are provided through our e-portfolio and virtual learning environment platforms.
This apprenticeship will take a minimum of 12 months to complete.
Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and Maths and to have taken level 2 English and Maths tests prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
On completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an individual member at Professional level.
Key Responsibilities of suitable applicants
Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality.
Confirmed Funding Cap (as of Sept 17)
£4,000 (Band 6).
We focus on developing the Knowledge (K), Skills (S) and Behaviours (B) of your workforce.