Level 3 Business Administrator
Specialising in the provision of business, administration and management training solutions, Reflect Learning offers the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship standard.
This is a new apprenticeship standard, incorporating the principles of GDPR.
1. Business Understanding
- The purpose of an organisation and its operating environment
- The structure, culture and functions of an organisation
2. The Organisation (K)
- Understands organisational purpose, activities, values and vision for the future.
3. Value of their Skills (K)
- Knows organisational structure and how they fit within their team and recognises how their skills can enhance their career.
4. Stakeholders (K)
- Has a practical knowledge of managing stakeholders and their differing relationships to an organisation.
5. Relevant Regulation (K)
- Understands laws and regulations including data protection, health & safety and compliance.
6. Policies (K)
- Understands the organisation's internal policies and key business policies.
7. Business Fundamentals (K)
- Understands business principles such as managing change, business finances and project management.
8. Processes (K)
- Understands the organisation's processes and business improvement.
9. IT (S)
- Skilled in the use of IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation.
10. Record and Document Production (S)
- Produces accurate records and documents.
11. Decision Making (S)
- Makes effective decisions and can deal with challenges in a mature way.
12. Interpersonal Skills (S)
- Builds and maintains positive relationships within their own team and across the organisation.
13. Communications (S)
- Demonstrates good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms.
14. Quality (S)
- Demonstrates the level of expertise required to complete tasks and applies themself to continuously improve their work.
15. Planning and Organisation (S)
- Takes responsibility for initiating and completing tasks and manages priorities to meet deadlines.
16. Project Management (S)
- Uses relevant project management principles and tools to scope, plan, monitor and report.
17. Professionalism (B)
- Behaves in a professional way contributing to team cohesion and productivity.
18. Personal Qualities (B)
- Shows exemplary qualities that are valued including integrity, reliability, self-motivation, being pro-active and a positive attitude.
19. Managing Performance (B)
- Takes responsibility for their own work, accepts feedback in a positive way, uses initiative and shows resilience.
20. Adaptability and Responsibility (B)
- Can accept changing priorities.
- Demonstrates taking responsibility for team performance.
The entire programme can be delivered entirely at the employer’s premises. Our approach offers complete flexibility for apprentices to access our support at any time which suits their particular needs and those of their employer. We utilise a blended delivery model comprising group workshops, one-to-one coaching and mentoring and online teaching resources which are provided through our e-portfolio and virtual learning environment platforms.
This apprenticeship will typically take between 12 and 18 months.
Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and Maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
The administration role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.
Key Responsibilities of suitable applicants
Your core responsibility will be to support and engage with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested.
Confirmed Funding Cap (as of Sept 17)
£5,000 (Band 7).
We focus on developing the Knowledge (K), Skills (S) and Behaviours (B) of your workforce.